The It Girl

    There's something about those girls. The ones who everyone's eyes are on when they walk in a room. The ones who you're captivated by because they have something about them that you want. The ones who you just have to be friends with. I can think of a select few outstanding women who have just left me thinking, "I want to be just like her".



      So I did one of the things I do best- made a list. What is it for me that draws me to someone's personality? Here's my list from 10 to 1 of characteristics I think are just absolutely vital to being a beautiful woman of Christ!

10. Tact- The way she speaks is tasteful. I'm never nervous or embarrassed by what comes out of her mouth. (Ephesians 4:29)
9. Well-spent time- She is not lazy with her time. Any time not spent with herself is spent pouring into others and digging into the Word. (Proverbs 31:13, Proverbs 31:17)
8. Style- There's a uniqueness to the way she dresses that can only be described as her! She leaves something to be desired but expresses herself perfectly. (Proverbs 31:25)
7. Calming presence- When I'm with her, she always puts me at ease. It seems like as long as I'm confiding in her, things are not as bad as they seem. (Zephaniah 3:17)
6. Humble spirit- She recognizes fully that she has so much room to grow in her walk with Christ. She identifies with me and never acts like she knows more than me (even though she does). (Proverbs 15:33)
5. Wisdom- I could listen to her speak for hours. I love hearing her opinion, listen to her answer questions or just talk in general. I want to take notes on everything she says because I feel that it's so useful. (Proverbs 31:26)
4. Grace- She carries herself with dignity. She is respected. She is gentle. Never agressive or over-bearing. (Psalm 145:8)
3. Confidence- She is unafraid whatsoever of showing who she is in Christ. She places all the confidence in Him and not in herself. Therefore she has nothing to fear. (Proverbs 31:11
2. Overwhelming Love- The love that Jesus has for her pours out of her daily. She recognizes and remembers him constantly, and he flows from her as a result of it- leaking her joy onto those around her. (Romans 8:37)
1. Radiance- She has a glow about her- a glow stronger than that of a bride and a new mother. She is beautiful because her heart is so full. There is something about her that no one can put their finger on. Her Spirit is so bright, it is undeniable that there is something different about her. (Psalm 34:5)



How amazing would it be if someone could say these things about us!? I think these are characteristics we should all strive for. Who doesn't want to be the It Girl that no one can keep their eyes off of? The greatest thing about this is that it's attainable! The reason most of us don't attain it (at least for me) is because we get stuck on trying to gain these characteristics and forget that it's through God that we can receive any of them. It's through prayer, grace, self discipline and a desire to live a life worthy of your calling that any of these things can be achieved. We are not designed to live by human effort alone. But through Christ, these amazing characteristics of a godly woman can be attained.


No comments:

Post a Comment