Letters

A lovely post from a lovely girl! My sorority sister/roommate/bestie, Lauren, will be sharing her thoughts!


      "Letters. They are what make us a sorority girl. They are what identifies us as "the best." They are what sets us apart. Letters define who we are, what we're apart of, and who we are associated with. Letters, in a way, shape our desires, our wants, our hopes... I mean, we do want our sorority to be our best, right? If you think about it, sororities are similar to Christianity in a way. What is Christianity? It is following and loving Jesus with all of your heart. Christianity is what makes us different from the rest of the world. It is what identifies us as loved. It sets us apart. It defines who we are, what we are apart of, and who we are associated with. Jesus, completely, shapes our lives, our desires, our wants, our hopes. But following Jesus is dang hard. I think that one of the easiest things for people to see in Christianity are the "false" Christians. I'm not saying that the Lord isn't somewhere down in the people's hearts who hold up signs about you going to hell if you don't love God, have sex outside of marriage, party all night long, or tell people how bad they are for living in a sinful life. I'm just saying that that is not who the Jesus of the Bible is. The wonderful thing about Christianity is that we don't have to follow other Christian's. We don't have to get their approval, or do what they tell us to do... we get to follow the Lord. I think that this is why so many people don't understand what Christianity is about. They think "well, my friend Sally-Sue Bob says she is a Christian, but has sex with her boyfriend. It's okay for me to then" or "oh, I can get saved when I settle my life down with a husband and kids." They don't open up their Bible and see for themselves who God is. They don't take a chance and see what it is like to be a Christian. I promise, if you were to follow me, the whole world would be doomed. My point is, I challenge you to take Jesus on who he says he is. "Taste and see that the Lord is God." -Psalm 34:10. It's easy for us Christian's to say that Christianity is the best thing in life. But Christian's were once non-Christian's too. Heck, I have a very long and difficult testimony. But the Lord has been so good to me and faithful to me... because I have taken him up on his offer. I have tasted who he is and seen that he is nothing but good. I hope that you take that chance too. "Put on your armor... and clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ." - Romans 13:12-14. Girl, Jesus is the best outfit you could EVER wear!!!" -Lauren, 19

No comments:

Post a Comment