How He Loves

Sometimes we all just need a little reaffirming of His love for us. Yesterday night I needed a reminder of His promises to me, and began thinking of the verses He's used to love me, strengthen me, heal me, restore me, cherish me and comfort me over the last year. So I wrote them down. I love when He speaks truth into my heart. He is so faithful.


My child,
Do you have any right to be angry?
I give and take away.
You asked for bread, how could I give you a stone?
I only give good gifts.
Trust me. You lack nothing.
I withhold no good thing from you.
But it is not for you to know my timing.
My thoughts are higher than your thoughts,
and my ways are higher than your ways.
I am not relieving your suffering now,
because my grace is sufficient.
I'm cutting off your branches that bear no fruit.
And the ones that do, I'm making even more fruitful.
I AM your Heavenly Father.
I know what you need, for I created you.
I know what your heart desires, for I've formed it that way.
I am not a High Priest who is unable to empathize.
I know your suffering firsthand. I know it deeper than even you.
I am near to you when you are broken hearted.
I will save you when you are crushed in spirit.
Do not be surprised 
when things and people of the world fail you.
They were never meant to sustain you, they can't.
But fear not, my Beloved,
because you are precious and honored in my sight.
Because I LOVE YOU,
I gave my life in exchange for you.
And after you have suffered a little while, 
I will restore you.
You will be beauty from ashes.
You will be a new creation.
I will lift you up from the pit
and set your feet on solid ground.
You were content in mediocrity,
but I want you to see greater things than these.
I know you believe,
and I will help you in your unbelief.
When your faith fails,
I will remind you.
I was faithful yesterday; I will not be unfaithful today.

In compassionate favor and abounding love,
The Lord Your God


1 comment:

  1. Kelly, this is EXACTLY what I needed to read this week! Thank you so much for this wonderful reminder! love you!

    ReplyDelete